ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL! Does a bear tinkle in the woods? Do minions look like little cheeseballs with eyes? Did the 49ers lose 2 weeks ago? YES, Yes, Yes, and Yes...We are a football family. We have the NFL package and on Sundays, during the regular season, football is the only thing playing on our TVs - well unless it is the 7 year old - she can be found in her room enjoying whatever DVD is her favorite that day - usually Scooby Doo or any of the Disney movies. FOOTBALL is far more exciting when you follow a team and in our household there are two - the COWBOYS and the SEAHAWKS. We were just a one team house until I married my husband, Shawn, who managed to bring the green and blue into our house.
With the Cowboys totally screwing up their season... we are now rooting for the Sea (cough cough) hawks. UGH! Now there are many professionals making predictions on the game but I find the non-professionals who are making predictions the most interesting....First I will share their choices and then I will tell you mine.
- Ozzy the Bear at ZooMontana chose the Broncos
- Teddy the Porcupine at the Dallas Rescue has managed to pick the last two SBs correctly and went with the Seahawks.
- Fred the Psychic Bunny has chosen the Seahawks...I wonder how they know he is psychic.
- An adorable pack of puppies on the Jimmy Fallon show chose the Broncos
- Eli the Orangutan, who has picked correctly the last 6 years, has chosen the Seahawks
- Lastly Kiano, a black rhino, at the Blank Park Zoo here in Iowa chose the Broncos.
Okay now I know I am no where near as experienced as these animals in picking football teams but I am going to give it a shot. I honestly believe that the Seahawks are going to leave it all on the field and bring home their first ever Superbowl win. It will be close, a nail-biter if you will.
I know what ya'll are thinkin'..."Well you have to pick them." No, remember I am a Cowboys fan so while I am cheering the S-Hawks supporting Shawn...I believe by what I have witnessed this season from both teams that I have chosen wisely. However, I will support my choice with fact.
- First - the 12th man concept...more Seahawk fans have purchased tickets to the Superbowl than Bronco fans. 21% of the tickets purchased have come from the state of Washington, whereas only 8% come from Colorado. Seattle fans are extremely loud and distracting to the opposing team and it seems they will be bringing this element of the game to MetLife Stadium.
- Now while Payton Manning ranks first in the NFL in Passing TDs and Passing Yards Wilson dominates him when it comes to the Option running well over 500 yards to Mannings -31 (yes folks that is a negative number.)
- Not only is Wilson younger but he matches Manning in his yards per attempt - oh yeah and you cannot forget the fact that Russell Wilson has had more wins in his first two season than Manning did when he first started out.
- Lets talk RBs - Lynch outshines Marino in all statistical areas: Years of Experience ~ Marino has 5 years under his belt; Lynch has 7 years experience. Carries ~ Lynch has 301 to Marino's 241. Total yards ran ~ Marino has 1038 whereas Lynch has 1257. Last is number of touchdowns which is really close - Lynch has 12 to Marino's 10.
- Then there is your Cornerbacks - Richard Sherman vs Champ Bailey - while Sherman is still green he has managed to outdo his opponent in two major areas. He has 48 tackles and 8 interceptions to Bailey's 14 tackles and 0 (yep zero) interceptions!
- I cannot forget to mention Derrick Coleman, #40, the second string running back who has been legally deaf since the age of three. He has to be one of the most inspirational players in the NFL today. I believe he will bring more than his best to this game and show the world how awesome he really is.